Mutton/ Lamb small pieces with bone 1 ½ lb
Green chillies (whole) 5-6
Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
Garlic 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
Yogurt 1 ½ cups
Onion 1 large (finely chopped)
Lime/ Vinegar 2 tablespoon
Panchphoron (fenugreek, fennel, cumin, kalonji, mustard seeds) 1 tablespoon
Amchur powder ½ teaspoon
Shaan achari gosht masala 1/ 2 packet (Use less if you prefer mild flavor)
Mustard Oil for frying 5/6 tablespoon (approx)
1. Make slit lengthwise of green chillies. Mix Shaan Achaar Gosht masala, lime, amchur powder and fill the chillies with this mix.
2. Marinade the meat with lime juices, little amount of salt & red chilli powder.
3. Roast panchphoron spice/ fenugreek, fennel, cumin, kalonji & mustard seeds and grind coarsely.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add red chilli and garlic. When the garlic starts to change color, add chopped onion, meat, Shaan masala, yogurt, ginger paste. Cook on low flame with lid closed. Stir occasionally
and add little amount of water as needed.
5. When the meat is tender after cooking 1 ½ hrs- 2 hrs depending upon the type of meat, add green chillies filled with spices, roasted panchphoron spice. Cook for few more minutes. The oil will separate from the meat.
6. For preservation add vinegar instead of lime and can be eaten for 7 days if stored in airtight container in refrigerator.